Hiya Fundraising Fans,
It’s been a weird few weeks, hasn’t it? When we said online fundraising was the way of the future, we didn’t know how right we’d be.
But even though times are hard, everything is scary and we can’t watch the news without popping a Kalms, we’ve been absolutely blown away by the generosity and love that’s out there in the world right now.
Here at the (remote-working) Fortress of Funditude, we’ve had our busiest month ever! And when we’re busy, it’s because good people are doing great things.
A few of our favourites…
Our charity friends have been locked down but not slowed down. You’ve been unleashing your creativity and releasing events, and Fundraisers have not disappointed!
We met Acorns when they hopped onto one of our free webinars, “How to set up a virtual event in under an hour.” The next day, 12 Hours for Acorns was live. Boom!
Support Dogs have been smashing it with their weekly virtual dog shows! With categories like Best Smile and Most Enchanting Eyes, dog-lovers can enter a picture of their pooch in exchange for a £2 donation.
Help for Heroes launched Hero Up – so far we’ve seen a 24-hour virtual truck marathon across Europe raise over £2300, and Beardageddon (which is the best username we’ve ever heard) raise over £600 playing Sea of Thieves.
Lee on TV
If you tuned into Sky News this morning, you (and millions of other people!) might have seen our very own Lee Clark introducing The Nation’s Playlist. We’re calling on everyone to come together, add a track that spreads good vibes and support Cancer Research UK.
On a related note…
Cancer Research UK joined the GivePenny family
Yeah, you read that right.
Cancer Research UK, on their epic quest to punch cancer right in the face, have picked up a new scrappy little sidekick to help them fundraise.
That means we’re here collaborating with the biggest cancer research charity in the world, which gives us a great opportunity to innovate new features and develop new ideas. And as always, any new features we dream up will be made available to all the charities on our platform. So stay tuned and get excited!
And speaking of innovation…
We’ve been monkeying around with custom email journeys lately, and there’s another cheeky little integration on the way… 🙊
Before we go, we’d like to offer a virtual fist-bump to all the latest charities to hop aboard the GivePenny party bus:
- St John Cymru bringing first aid across Wales
- SarcoidosisUK providing information and support for people living with Sarcoidosis
- East African Playgrounds dedicated to providing children with the opportunity to play and learn
- Compton Care ensuring people with complex conditions live full and enjoyable lives
- Great Western Air Ambulance Charity flying out to save lives and provide critical care
- Primrose Hospice supporting people with life-limiting illnesses and their families
- Support Dogs bringing furry friends to support people with autism, epilepsy and disabilities
- Dorothy House Hospice offering end of life care to patients and supporting families
- Northern Ireland Hospice looking after people with life-limiting illnesses
- Scotty’s Little Soldiers helping children who’ve lost their parents while serving in the armed forces
- Acorns Children’s Hospice Trust caring for seriously ill children and their families
- Cure Leukaemia leading the fight against blood cancer
- Yorkshire Cat Rescue finding loving homes for unwanted cats and kittens
- The Brendoncare Foundation caring for older people with dignity and respect
- FitzRoy supporting people with learning disabilities
- SSAFA – The Armed Forces Charity providing lifelong support to veterans and people serving in the armed forces
- Bone Cancer Research Trust raising awareness, providing patient support, and funding research
- The Orpheus Centre a specialist performing arts college for young adults with disabilities
- Border Collie Trust (Great Britain) rescuing and rehoming Border Collies and sheepdogs
- Combat Stress giving mental health support to veterans
Look at that list!
We’re thrilled to be joined by so many great causes fuelled by amazing people. We can’t wait to see what you do.
Love and socially distanced hugs,
Team GivePenny x